At Goodwin Sports Centre we aim to make access as easy as possible for customers with disabilities and our facilities include:
· Two reserved disabled car parking spaces - these can be accessed by driving down the driveway to the sports centre, off Northumberland Road, pressing the buzzer and requesting to use the disabled parking space which is situated on the left hand side outside the swimming pool.
· Accessible unisex changing rooms
· Accessible unisex toilets
· Lift access to the squash court viewing gallery
· Lift access to the fitness centre
· Lift access to the sports hall
· Induction loop at reception
Swimmers with epilepsy:
Under guidance from the Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity we have a policy with regards to customers who have epilepsy using the swimming pool. We ask that customers with epilepsy inform a member of staff at Reception and the customer will be asked if their epilepsy is controlled (by medication) or uncontrolled.
Controlled - The customer is welcome to swim unaccompanied.
Uncontrolled - The swimmer will need a buddy to accompany them. If the buddy does not hold a National Rescue Award for Swimming Teachers (they must produce their certificate at reception at each visit) the epilepsy sufferer and buddy must stay within standing depth.
If you have any questions with regards to access to the facilities please contact our main reception on 0114 2226999.